Monday 23 July 2012

Don't stop me now


Woke up today at 6:30am ready for a day of camping in front of the Turkmenistan embassy. While my toam mates were standing in front of one entrance I went to the main gate and started talking to the two security guards, Tagik and "Celentano" as Tagik calls his incredibly funny colleague. Now sure how that happened but we spent a good hour talking in two different languages about tablets, mobile phones and something related to eggs and cement (well, at least this is what I think he was talking about...). Then my Budadu arrived laughing as he saw us camped outside the Embassy. He left and nothing happened for a while until the nicest man in the world walked down the street. Nuri, the guy that was working on the visas yesterday accepted to work today despite he was not supposed to and in 15 minutes our 10 days transit visas were ready and stamped in our passports.



We are back to the hotel now packing all our stuff ready to check out. The ferry that was supposed to leave yesterday didn't so the plan is to drive to the port and see what's going on there.

Should we be able to leave today I guess there won't be any further updates on this blog for the next few days as I'm not sure it is possible to get a decent internet connection in Turkmenistan.


1 comment:

  1. Che grandi, daje!!!!!!
    Don't stop me, don't stop me, don't stop me uuuuuhhhhhuuuuuhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
    TM

    ReplyDelete