Monday 23 July 2012

Lettera a Savonarola

As desperate times call for desperate measures, I came out with a brilliant (?) plan. We are writing a letter to the Ambassador of Turkmenistan and possibly have it translated in Turkmen by my friend Leila (thank you!).  Tomorrow morning I will print it out and give it my "friend" working at the Embassy and asking to deliver it to the Ambassador. Not sure this will work but the only thing we could do is trying...


Dear Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Annamamed Mammedov,

I hope this letter finds you well.

I am writing this letter to kindly request your help.

We are participating in a charity event raising money for orphans and to do this we need to drive to Mongolia through Turkmenistan.

We need your help to get our Turkmenistani visas as soon as possible, preferably today, so we can take the ferry to Turkmenbashi and enter your country and reach our goal in time. 

We understand the embassy is only open on Monday and Friday but we would really appreciate your help with processing our visas as soon as possible. Unfortunately we could not wait until Friday and if we won't be able to get our visas before then we would have to go back to our countries and fail our mission.

I understand this is a big ask but this would mean a lot to us and to the charity we are raising money for. 

Please find here below my telephone number. I'm available over the phone or you could find me outside your embassy to discuss. 

Warmest regards and thank you in advance. 

1 comment:

  1. Scusa Antonio, ma manca la parte "As you surely know we had a terrible cattle murrain"
    Mark

    ReplyDelete